Thursday, January 1, 2009

(Insert sound effect for moaning and whining here)

You'll need to read the prior entry to "get" this one.
So here is the sample of one of my journal entries, written verbatim from the notepad I scratched it on as I was laying on my side on my bed, having cast myself there in as dramatic of a fashion as possible. (Remember the disclaimer that I was overly-tired, overly-hormonal, and just overwhelmed in general.)

So I am giving up at this moment. You could play Abba's Greatest Hits right now and I would just lay here and sigh. You could have Dr. Zhivegas ( http://drzhivegas.com/ ) show up to play a concert just for me and Kristin and I'd still lay here and sigh. I think I'm willing myself to bleed to death via heavy period. Or maybe I just need to change my pad...or my 'towel' as they so yuckily call it here. Anyway. Here's the deal.

I couldn't get the shower to start and Son 2 was standing there, ready to get in. Then, I couldn't get it to drain very well and Son 2 was standing in his dirty shower water and I hoped he didn't have any open wounds on his feet to get infected because we don't have insurance yet. Then the shower head would not stay mounted and I got all wet trying to make it stay up there. Then I couldn't find one of Son 2's slippers but I want him to wear the slippers because I feel like the carpet here isn't clean enough. Then I tried to re-bake the cookies I just baked because they weren't actually done in the middle and instead I just burnt them and all I have to show for the trouble is a mess to clean up from making them. And no dishwasher. Then my feet got cold but I can't wear my slippers because they are too big and I SO want to wear them because they are new and fuzzy and red, but a UK size 8 is NOT the same as a US size 8, but how was Husband supposed to know that???  Then I went downstairs but came right back up because the kitchen is mess AGAIN and I can't deal with it. Then I came into my room to be sad and to pout and my room is dusty and has clothes on the floor to be washed and crap that has no place to go since we unpacked and so much stuff (like my pajamas) that is still missing because so much of our stuff is STILL in the US and can't be shipped because there is no way to pay for it because our bank account in the states is upside down because someone stole Husband's debit card number and charged so much on it that it overdrew our account but we didn't know for over a week because we aren't there in the US. Plus our stuff is imposing on Geoff and Katrina who have already been imposed on enough by my stupidity. Then I saw my reflection in the mirror and it is so f-ing ugly with the bad hair and lack of regular beauty products. Then I think I have to go find Son 2's other slipper so I get up and can't help but notice the dust as I walk down the steps, but to vacuum is such a huge ordeal because the filters and stuff have to be washed afterward because the house is so f-ing old and has so much dust. Then I see my computer and I really want to get online but then I realize I can't because of BT and the overall lack of customer service in this Godforsaken place I am living right now. My poor children, stuck with a mom like this. Ugh.


See...I told you it was dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment